Our site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the IP address and session information of the user such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used.
This is recognised by the Web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of the site.
You may be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services we offer such as on-line forums and subscription to our newsletter.
In each case we will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have told us you wish to take part in.
The technical terms used in the terms and policies on this page </
- Browser Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Cookie Message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. The main objective of a cookie is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
- IP (Internet Protocol) All networks connected to the internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices.
- TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
- IP address If you are connected to the Internet you have one,for example it may look something like this 188.8.131.52
- Web Server The computer which delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer